Thursday, February 10, 2011

War Cry of a Strong-Willed Child

[Author's note: Sometimes I worry that people will read my poems and think they are all based on events in my life. They aren't. I mean, some of them are, but many of them are based on my surroundings or mood amplified. Some aren't even about me at all. If I only wrote about myself I would kind of suck at this wouldn't I? Anyway, here's another poem for your reading pleasure. Enjoy.]
 

I wouldn't know what to do with adoration
I have no experience with that
But I thank you for your participation
And for being such a damn good sport

And I laugh in the face of your conflagration

That's what you get for your burning heart
For your words and meanings and lamentation
A ribbon-wrapped boot print for your pride

I am quite at home in my fortification
The walls I have built put me at ease
A warm bath has nothing on domination
Control is good to gnash my teeth too    

You watch me watch you in your self-flagellation
I see you clawing against my fence
None of this is literal confrontation
I just want to see hope leave your eyes

Don't fool yourself; I'm not waiting for cessation 
I put those hand holds there just for you
Much for tribute, but naught for decoration
Will you just Climb up here and fight me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

*A word to the wise

As I said above, all the writen material on this blog is mine, my original work, unless cited otherwise. If you take any material from this blog and call it your own, or use it without crediting me (you should also ask me first - I'd love to be published but not without my consent or knowlege), that's plagiarism and illegal. The fact that this material is on the Internet doesn't make it public domain and no, I don't need a trademark symbol. Got it? Good. Now that we've cleared that up, please read on and enjoy.