Friday, January 21, 2011

A Petrarchan sonnet as penance for my long absence from this blog

One day, as I walked, I found myself

Desirous of your preference and your touch

And, with reluctance, I will here avouch

When ere we'd meet, my will was then your pelf

Yet, unnoticed, you put me on a shelf

This act my acrimony did debouch

Have you mistaken me for Scaramouch?

In your blindness, you have doomed yourself


 

For you will find Hell's fury is dainty

Weighed with what erudite dames dispense

For you'll ask, but fandango we will not

And you, dear one, will get your recompense

For when you come for me, with certainty

It will be your heart that I have forgot

No comments:

Post a Comment

*A word to the wise

As I said above, all the writen material on this blog is mine, my original work, unless cited otherwise. If you take any material from this blog and call it your own, or use it without crediting me (you should also ask me first - I'd love to be published but not without my consent or knowlege), that's plagiarism and illegal. The fact that this material is on the Internet doesn't make it public domain and no, I don't need a trademark symbol. Got it? Good. Now that we've cleared that up, please read on and enjoy.