Snow
The sky is falling
In beautiful soft pieces of frozen love
Snow
Large fluffy scraps like cornflakes
Manna from heaven
Falling on my world
Kissing and caressing the fallen leaves
Which blanket the earth, protecting it from the cold touch of heaven
Ice turns to tears, melting into insubstantial liquid
Sliding ineffectively into the soil
Lost, but beautifully and immediately replaced
By other frozen kisses
Springtime Indoors
The smell of flowering trees is on the air
The sounds of pain and suffering echo by
As afterthoughts of time gone by
Reminding me of all the questions and those who question why
But I am strangely happy on this day
Or maybe not so much happy as
Calm and quite alive
As the wind tries to suck my blinds out through my opened window
The sun plays, running in and out from behind the clouds
The world it beckons softly, wishing that I’d come play
But what’s the use in playing with that which cannot,
With that which you’ve anthropomorphized?
And secrets intermingle with the smell of my shampoo
As the wind blows softly through my hair
And I wonder what to say, to whom, and why
And as the sound of playful laughter wanders in from below my window
I wonder, contently, why would anyone want to ever get out of bed?
My name is Leanne Fuller and I'm a writer. I started this blog because I was in journalism school and I wanted a place to write poetry and creative prose. What I write here might not win me any awards, but it is *mine and it is here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
*A word to the wise
As I said above, all the writen material on this blog is mine, my original work, unless cited otherwise. If you take any material from this blog and call it your own, or use it without crediting me (you should also ask me first - I'd love to be published but not without my consent or knowlege), that's plagiarism and illegal. The fact that this material is on the Internet doesn't make it public domain and no, I don't need a trademark symbol. Got it? Good. Now that we've cleared that up, please read on and enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment